Our services cover a variety of matters realting to acquisition and maintenance of IP rights. We mainly offer the following services:
- Filings of applications for patents, utility model registrations, designs, and trademarks in Japan and other countries
- Preparation of opinions, patent ability search, assignment of IP rights, license negotiation, drafting of contracts, and other IPR-realted matters
- Trust worthy representation
- Advice giving and consultation whenever necessary
As a patent firm based in Osaka, Japan, we specialize in patent application and patent protection in various countries around the world.
The largest and second largest numbers of foreign applications are made in the United States and China, respectively.
Other countries include: South Korea, most of the European countries, Brazil, Russia, India, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Tanzania.
- ●Fuel cells/ Primary batteries/ rechargeable batteries/ solar cells/ power supply systems/ electronic components/ circuits/ resin compositions/ polymers & plastics/ adhesives/ sheet materials/ textiles/ synthetic leather/ semiconductors/ automobile components/ plasm devices/ lasers/ environmental technology/ medical equipment.
- ●We mainly handle matters in the chemical field, mechanical field, information technology, etc.
Services in the area of electrochemistry (chemical batteries, fuel cells, etc. ) are in high demand in recent years.
- ●Services relating to foreign patent applications (mostly US patent applications) are in high demand.
We have ties with many foreign patent firms and communicate well with all of them.
- ●We also put much effort in providing consulting services to help our clients discover new inventions. Even if there is an idea, it is a difficult task to write claims and descriptions for a specification. Therefore, we will provide the needed support in completing an invention, by pointing out what is missing and what needs to be added.
Ph. D.,Patent Attorney, Managing Partner Registration No. 11797
Chemicals, batteries, electronic components, plastics, legal opinion, litigation
- ●Ph.D. in Engineering
- ●Extensive experience preparing and prosecuting foreign and domestic patent applications
|～1995||Received M.S. in Physical Chemistry from Osaka Prefecture University|
|1995～||Employed as engineer conducting basic research in R&D Department of Nagase-Chiba, Ltd.(now Nagase Chemtex Corporation)|
|1998～||Joined Asahina & Co. Patent Attorneys|
|1999～||Joined Ishii Patent Office|
|2006～||Received B.A. in Law from Kindai University|
|2009～||Received Ph.D. in Engineering (Materials and Manufacturing Science) from Osaka University|
|2012～||Became Managing Partner of Ishii Patent Office|
Attorney Registration Number: 10747
Electrical products, machines, optical products, textiles, legal opinion, litigation, design
- ●Obtained additional registration for representation of clients in specific infringement litigation
- ●Extensive experience in patenting and designing technologies for electronics, controllers, mechanics, and textile manufacturers
|1981||Received B.S. in Engineering Science from Osaka University|
|1981||Joined Minolta Co., Ltd. (now Konica Minolta, Inc.)
Participated in development of the world's first 0.5× to 2.0× full zoom control system for copiers
Participated in development of fixation control systems, exposure control systems, image-processing systems, etc.
|1988||Joined Osamu Kitamura Patent Office （now R&C IP Law Firm）|
|1995||Registered as a patent attorney|
|2002||Co-founded Athena Patent Office|
|2004||Became founder of Sparkle Patent Office|
|2006||Partnered with Ishii Patent Office with an agreement on cooperation|
Patent AttorneyPatent Attorney Registration No. 19071
Chemicals, textiles, plastics, electronic components, batteries, legal opinion, litigation
- ●Extensive practical industry experience at chenical/textile manufacturer.
|～1997||Received B. S. in Applied Science (Organic Synthesis) from Osaka University|
|1997～||Employed by Seiren Co., Ltd., with responsibility for intellectual property matters related to fiber processing and coating technologies|
|2001～||Joined Asahina & Co. Patent Attorneys and specialized in patent and utility model applications related to resin and rubber compositions|
|2007～||Reemployed by Seiren Co., Ltd. and again given responsibility for intellectual property matters related to fiber processing and coating technologies|
|2013～||Joined Ishii Patent Office|
Attorney Registration Number: 19754
Mechanics, automobiles, semiconductors, batteries, medical devices, optics, electronics and software
- ●Passed the patent agent examination of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in 1994
|1985||Received B.S. in Physics from Kwansei-Gakuin University|
|1985||Joined Sharp Corporation|
|1990||Assigned to the Intellectual Property Center, Patent Administration Department
Worked for patent management, e.g., adapting for electronic application system of the Japan Patent Office (JPO), etc..
|1992||Assigned to the Intellectual Property Center, Washington D.C. branch office
Worked for collecting important information related to US patents, and for license and negotiation, etc.
|1995||Reassigned to the Intellectual Property Center, Patent Administration Department
Worked for patent management, e.g., building and operating various databases, etc.
|1998||Joined Aoyama & Partners registered patent attorneys working mainly for technical fields of mechanics, automobiles, battery, semiconductors, medical devices, optics, electronics and software.|
|2017||Joined Ishii Patent Office|
Attorney Registration Number: 20755
Chemicals, batteries, electronic components, inorganic materials
|1996||Received M.S. in Engineering (Applied Chemistry) from Osaka Prefecture University|
|1996||Joined Shin-Kobe Electric Machinery Co., Ltd.
Engaged mainly in research and development of lead storage batteries
|2001||Joined Ishii Patent Office|
|2012||Joined Morimoto International Patent Office|
|2015||Returned to Ishii Patent Office|
|Name of Firm||Ishii Patent Office|
|Representative||Shinichi Kawasaki, Patent Attorney|
3-6, Kitahama 2-Chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 541-0041 Japan
|Bank||Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation|
|About the Firm||Our firm was founded by Kazuo Ishii in December, 1998. Ever since, it has been steadily growing with support from our clients which are mainly major electronics manufacturers.Our firm is located in Kitahama, which is at the center of Osaka.|
|Access||One minute walk from Exit 2 (30 meters west from exit), "Kitahama" station of Keihan Line or Sakaisuji Line|
We frequently collaborate with the following associate offices.
|Komatsu Law & Patent Office||Yoichiro KOMATSU,Attorney-at-Law/Patent Attorney,General Manager
Highly respected Osaka-based patent law firm.
|JTT K.K||Gerald T. PETERS,U.S.Patent Agent,Principal
Osaka-based firm specializing in preparation & prosecution of U.S.patent applications.